Thursday, October 13, 2016

Jumping right back in!

Wowzers! It has been a very long time since I blogged. I am not even sure where to start!?!?!? I think almost all of my readers are family and close friends so there probably isn't really much I need to catch anyone up on but here it goes....

#1
Motherhood has drastically changed for me since I last blogged. Two out of my five children are now adults!! *Gasp* I am still having difficulty coming to terms with it. I certainly don't feel like I am old enough to have not one but TWO adult children. I also do not feel like they were kids for very long. Looking back on the pictures I have posted here makes me long for those days again.  What has surprised me the most is that parenting is always challenging. I guess I always thought that at a certain age they would be so independent that they wouldn't need me any more. That has not been the case. In fact in someways they need me more. I am back to not sleeping all night through as I wait for them to let me know they have arrived home safely. They are quickly figuring out that being an adult is not as fun as they imagined.

#2
Meet my newest baby!
Her name is Layla. She is spoiled rotten. No doubt she will be featured on this blog regularly. I just may be guilty of photographing her more often than my human babies. In my defense my human babies don't appreciate me snapping a bunch of photos. Plus she is the only one who snuggles me like this anymore.




#3
My husband retired from the Air Force! First thing he did was grow a full mustache and beard and stop cutting his hair. You would't even recognize him anymore. He is pretty shaggy now but I LOVE it!

#4 We no longer live in beautiful Alaska. While I miss the beauty it is nice to be in the lower 48. I am able to travel to see friends and family easier. Prices are also better although housing is not (at least not in my area).

I think that is about it for catching anyone up. 









No comments:

Post a Comment