Thursday, October 20, 2016

Another disaster

I am not sure why I am voluntarily posting my kitchen disasters. I mean really!! This one I do not actually blame on myself or even my children. Instead the "cool" kitchen gadget that my mom gave me turned out to be not so cool.  *sigh*

 The concept is really neat and I am very disappointed that these did not work at all.  My daughter thought it was probably my fault (She is 13 so I can't do much right at the moment) and stepped in to show me how it was done only to find out that it wasn't Mom being "stupid". See mangled mess!!



I ended up just hand rolling the homemade hot pockets and they looked better but took a long time. So long that I remember why I haven't tried making these since 2001. My family doesn't really care how big of a pain in my rear these are they have been BEGGING for them since 2001 (also homemade marshmallows because they are divine!!).

These look much better. I filled half with cheddar cheese and diced ham and the other half with pizza fillings.

You can find the recipe here.

Since I was in the kitchen for hours I also decided that I would make up some french fries to freeze.
Homemade french fries are super easy to make yourself and much cheaper. I scrub and poke my potatoes then put them in the crock pot until tender. Then let cool. Once cool enough to handle I peel them and either grate them for homemade hash browns or cut them into fries. The best part about doing it this way is that I do not need to par fry them later. It will take only one time frying (or baking) to get them crispy on the outside while tender and done on the inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment