Tuesday, March 23, 2010

You will laugh about this later

A comment made to me time and time again by older more seasoned mothers. Mothers whose kids have often flown from the nest. I have been uttering these words to myself for the past few days. You see my 13 year old is driving me insane. He is half man and half boy and I never quite know which one of him he will be at any given moment. There are time when he is so helpful, so thoughtful, so mature that I can't hardly believe it. Then there are days when he thinks it is a good idea to unzip the futon mattress and crawl inside. Just because. I mean why not right? My younger children who have used that bunk bed set before him never thought to do it. I guess it takes maturity to think to do it. I don't know. What I do know is that once you ruffle the filling inside a futon mattress it will never ever be sleepable again. It is in fact much like a cheap pillow that you wash and then dry. It all bunches into a ball and no matter what you do you can never get it to be pillow like again. And so I will have to say over and over in my mind that I will one day miss this. That someday I will have wished I took pictures (actually for the purpose of this blog I should have) and will laugh hysterically about it. Apparently grandchildren get a kick out of this sort of thing. Until then I will just have to breathe, count to ten, and pray a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment